Tuesday, October 21, 2008

La More Lamaze

K and I finished our third class of Lamaze - one more to go. We practiced different breathing techniques, different positions to combat back pain during labor, and learned more about what we may encounter from labor to delivery and beyond. It is a little hard to keep my head and attention about me, I am just so excited, and there is just so much information to absorb. Especially after taking so many classes back to back. There is some crossover of information, which helps to reinforce some points, but still, it is a lot. And I don't know how much I'll remember when the time comes; I don't think I'll be pulling out my notes during contractions! I am sure that natural instinct will kick in and my memory will squeeze out facts that I didn't realize I had retained. I just get nervous that once I am labor and I am trying to breathe and remember the patterns, that it will be too overwhelming and I'll throw it all out the window and not be able to focus, what with both the pain and excitement. I hope I can keep my wits about me to just stay in control and concentrate.

No comments: