Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Body Update

So, lately my stomach feels like it actually touches my chin. Okay, not actually, but I am feeling fuller up higher than I remember, and it feels like my boobs are resting against the top of my belly now (just about). My friend noticed that my stomach does look higher. I haven't experienced magnanimous breast growth, as I was warned - and secretly hoped for : ). They are a bit bigger, but nothing to write home about. I am enjoying the baby's movements, which are more visible now from the outside - last night it looked like my whole stomach did a whirly gig. A good night's sleep seems to evade me, which is probably part of Mother Nature's plan to get me prepared for interrupted sleep when the baby arrives. It is just not that comfortable to sleep these days, and I toss from one side to the other - well, not really toss, more like roll, slowly, with the stomach weight. For some reason, sleeping on my left side, which is the most recommended side for pregnancy slumber, causes a cramp right under my left ribs, and sleeping on my right side causes my calves and my hip to seize up. Last night the baby woke me up with his kicking, and I think it was because I was pressing up against him on my belly, maybe I was too far forward and more on my belly than my side, I don't know, it's hard to control sleeping positions when you are asleep! I cannot even believe that I am two months away, give or take, from meeting my son! And there's still so much to do!!! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steffie!!! How is it going? I am glad to hear that all is well. Sorry it has been a while but when school started it seems like I started a marathon. lol. Anyway, Skye is in the first grade, she is so cute but such the "big girl" it amazes me everyday. I too, saw no breast growth during my pregnancy, and I was disappointed BUT lo and behold after Skye was born and my milk came in...I grew to a D CUP!!!! it was fabulous, and exciting lol. So, dont give up yet, there is still hope lol. And as for sleep, I couldn't sleep either because Skye was so long that when I laid down she would stretch out under my ribs and it was sooo uncomfortable. In order to prevent her from stretching (I apologized later for denying her but I had to get some sleep lol) I got one of those pillows that look like the top of a chair, with the arms and all and slept sitting upright in the bed. It was great. It was the only way I got rest. It will be alright. Its almost over and then my advice to you is SLEEP WHENEVER HE DOES!!! When he takes a nap, so do you. Dont try to do the dishes, cook dinner...no, no, you are to nap!!!! Then when you aren't as tired (months later) you can do chores because when he's mobile, you'll be trippin over him when he's awake. lol. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Erica Levee