Monday, November 3, 2008

Winding Down (Or Up)

So, our pregnancy classes are officially over, and here we are in the month of November, which means that I have one month left until my due date. And I am ecstatic and still can't even believe it, it still feels a bit surreal. K's and my life (and Brooklyn's) is about to change enormously!! I've made some headway in my preparations around the house - still lots to do, but they don't feel as insurmountable as before. If we could find our Phillips Screwdriver, that would be sweet! Oh well, guess it's off to Target or CVS or somewhere. Anyway, we are going to have the baby sleep in our room (thanks TAS for the bassinet!) and I've made space in our huge walk-in closet that we barely enter for a dresser for his clothes and as a possible changing station (although it does occur to me that having the stench of dirty diapers lingering in the closet may not be ideal). I've been trying to neaten up the closet in my office/guest room, which looks like it may end up being the baby toy room - I don't know that we'll spend a lot of time actually in there, but for now, it's where the baby gear will live (bouncer, swing, books). I did have an image of me reading to the baby in there, maybe it can be our reading room.

I was planning to leave the artistic fun until I got the manual, physical work done, but I just couldn't help myself, so I bought balls of yarn and started practicing my knitting. I am going to knit the baby a blanket (pretty straight forward for a beginner). I still have to paint my belly cast. I have an idea for it, but perhaps if I don't get it done before the baby arrives, he will inspire a different design idea for it once he is here. And that's about it for now.

No comments: