Monday, November 24, 2008

Eleven












Eleven is the number of:

players on a cricket, soccer or American football team on the field

years in a solar or sunspot cycle

years it took to build the World Trade Center

flowers on an English Easter cake

the most Oscar awards given to a film (Titanic and Ben-Hur)

letters in the name of my favorite city, New York City

times the hour and the minute hands on a clock cross each other in a 12-hour period

days left until my due date!

The birth is becoming more of a reality as we near the "due date" - although I am in the "any day now" period, which lasts for the next three weeks or so (depending on if the baby arrives early or late). I am really tired and could sleep for an enormous length of time if left to it. I am afraid of getting cabin fever if I stay in too much right now, especially knowing that I will be settled into the apartment for a while after the baby is here (but I will be busy, so I may not notice that much). I drag myself into work just for the social stimulation, but honestly, it is so tiring traveling. I do get out when I walk Brooklyn, but K's been good about walking her for me as well when I just don't want to move. Physically I am feeling good, no aches to really complain about, although sometimes it does feel like my pelvis is splitting and that aches. But nothing to write home about. Baby preparations are almost completed - I should get some bottles. And now it is time for a nap!

No comments: