Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baby Talk


Yup, I am pregnant! I was looking at tons of press pics at the office, and I think it was the juxtaposition of pictures of me pre-pregnancy with the few they have of me pregnant that really brought it home for me that I am indeed pregnant (as if the belly didn't give it away - I AM RIDICULOUS...ahem). I can see it in my face in the pictures, where as I don't see the changes as drastically at home in the mirror from day to day. I love this picture because K looks SO HAPPY! He's really excited, he has a good chuckle when he sees my belly, keeps saying, "I can't believe you are pregnant!" Then he jokes, "I'm gonna find out who did this to you!" Funny guy!!!

Starting to feel backaches now, lower back mostly, sometimes smack in the middle, where you just can't reach. I am hungry constantly, which I think is only the power of suggestion, because it has only been since my doctor told me to watch my weight. Oh, I'm watching alright...watching it go up! No, I am trying to be mindful of what I eat when I get hungry, and you know, for the record, I HATE watching what I eat. I tried to do that no-carb diet about 5 years back - why? I don't remember - and that was just torture. I lasted about 2 months, and then I went to Japan and ate rice and ramen and okonomiyaki, and came back skinnier than I had ever been post-college. Go figure. I hate making eating a chore, food is fun. But, I don't want to gain excessive weight with this pregnancy, so I'll be better. Walking on the treadmill is really working out for me...NOT. I haven't been back since my 7 minute walk last week. I am just so tired, I am just enjoying not having to be physical, for once. Okay, I'm done with my whining. Oh wait, I forgot to add that the other night, I had a dream I grabbed this hot dog and started to bite into it, but somewhere my outer conscious got involved and in the dream I stopped myself just as my teeth grazed that crunchy outer skin...OH I MISS HOT DOGS!!!

I've continued with my registry online, although I think a trip to the store is in order, and soon. The registry process is exhausting, because there are just too many options. I mean, how can there be 30 different brands of burp cloths alone? It's overwhelming...but exciting!

No comments: