Monday, August 11, 2008

Tread Lightly

So, I went back on the treadmill today, and I managed to walk for 13 minutes before I started to feel a little lightheaded, so I called it a day. But I was pretty proud. I listened to my Brazilian Language podcast (it has been months since I've listened to any language lessons) so the time went by pretty quickly. I had planned to watch one of the portable TV sets that are attached to the treadmills, but the one on the treadmill I chose happened to be broken. There was a working one on a treadmill that a guy had just finished using, but since the pregnancy, I've become such a MAJOR germaphobe (is that even a word), that I was afraid he hadn't wiped it off sufficiently and I didn't feel like possibly grabbing handles covered in his microscopic sweat particles. Yeh, the germ thing is a little out of control. Liquid handsoap lasts only about a week in our house because of my obsessive handwashing, I can't help myself. What am I going to do after the baby arrives?! I'll have to calm down on the germ thing.

My Mother asked me tonight if I've started getting Brooklyn used to less attention, as is recommended by some websites I've read regarding getting your dog baby-ready. Well, seeing as I gave Brooklyn a 15 minute doggy-massage, which I am pretty good at I might add, I'm a little behind on the dog baby-briefing. I did download a sound file of a baby crying which I can loop to play so that Brooklyn gets used to the sound of a baby crying (also recommended). I played it twice, and she only reacted the first time with a slight twist of the head to see where the heck the sound was coming from. The second time, she didn't even twitch. A good sign?

No comments: