Friday, August 15, 2008

Story Time


I found this website of free online children's stories - I thought I would jump start storytelling to the baby by reading to him in utero, and I don't have any children's books here in Vegas (probably not appropriate to read the love-torn, romantic novels of Isabel Allende aloud to the baby!) While not the same as reading to your child yourself (and therefore not much use to me while pregnant), I do think it's cool that SAG set up this online storytelling site where actors read the stories, and there are close-ups of the illustrated pages and captions to read along. If one were exhausted or looking for an alternative distraction for their already-born child, I guess this would be a fun substitution. And since computer literacy is such a necessity, I guess I wouldn't be too opposed to sitting in front of the computer and watching Robert Guillaume or CCH Pounder read to my child. Or maybe I will just sit in front of the computer while pregnant and play Robert Guillaume reading "Guji, Guji" over and over again, and then when my son is born, he'll expect me to sound like Benson! That would be a kick! KIDDING!!!!! ("That would be a kick"?! What is this, the set of "Beach Blanket Bingo"?! Frankie, Frankie?? Is that you?).

Story Online

No comments: