Sunday, August 31, 2008

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner...


The BABY, that's who!!! I was putting away some clean dishes, preparing to wash dirty dishes, and lamenting the fact that I had to make dinner - I just haven't been into cooking for a really long time now. And then it hit me - I am going to have to make dinner for MY SON, whether I want to cook or not! And for a long time! WOW! Well, of course K can cook too, he's good at it. It's not that I don't like cooking exactly, I actually enjoy it when I'm inspired. But, especially since living out here, I haven't had the energy to cook, we eat take-out more often than home-cooked meals. During K's recovery from his accident, I was cooking up a storm, and I enjoyed getting the meals ready before I went to work so that he had food at home, it was nurturing. I am sure I'll have no problem cooking when it is for my son. Back at home, I did a whole lot of cooking for my stepsons, sometimes I'd cook a whole day's worth of meals in one shot. Yes, I'll be fine. But it was just one of those moments when it really hit me that my life is about to change enormously!

No comments: