Thursday, December 4, 2008

Toy Story

Brooklyn and the baby are going to be fighting over toys!!! And I guess I shouldn't be surprised; when dog toys consist of squeaky stuffed animals, how is a dog supposed to be able to differentiate between a dog stuffed animal toy and a human stuffed animal toy. I was putting a baby washcloth with a teddy bear rattle head in the wash and Brooklyn took one look at the teddy bear and starting doing high jumps to get her paws on it. She loved everything about it, the color, the sound, the fuzziness. Great!! I had to tell her "no" and then get one of her own toys - also with great color, sound and fuzziness. She grabbed her toy in her mouth, ran to the couch, and then put it down behind her and continued to stare with yearning at the bear head in my hand. This will be interesting. She is now, as I type, trying to get the slippers off of my feet, and for the same reason - when she was a puppy, I thought it was cute that she thought my fuzzy slippers were toys and I let her play with them, and so now she has claimed them as her own. Specifically this pair of slippers that I am trying to wash so I can take to the hospital. See, I can't blame her. I just hope I can get her to understand that some things are hers and somethings are the baby's! Wish me luck! (I write about Brooklyn a lot, don't I?).

No comments: