Monday, December 1, 2008

Reality Check

Okay, I just crossed off the last day in November on our wall calendar and ripped off the November sheet to display December and I got so nervous!! Excited but also a little freaked out about the labor that I am going to have to go through in a matter of DAYS. I know I am not alone, many women have done this before me, I know, I know, I keep telling myself. But now it is ME going through it - and I don't like pain, I really don't. I know it will be worth it to see my little boy finally, but WOW!! I was watching him move in my belly and thinking to myself he has to come out of me. I was reading that the head circumference of a baby is 11 1/2 centimeters, but the cervix only dilates as far as 10 centimeters. Ouch! The head molds to fit, but still. Looking at the calendar, it feels like it has taken FOREVER to get to December. I love that we are here, though! I am really excited. It is weird, I watch TV and see commercials for movies or TV shows and they'll say, "Watch it December 6th!" or "In theaters December 12th" or whatever, and I think to myself, the baby will be here then. So crazy!

Total digression, but Brooklyn has become a little diva - K and I were talking in the kitchen when our conversation was disrupted by the sound of scraping. We look to see Brooklyn tapping her paw against her ceramic water bowl and looking back at us, asking for more water. However, her bowl was filled with water. But no, that water had been sitting and was now warm, she can't drink that! She likes the cold water that comes straight from the fridge's water dispenser. She was in effect asking us to dump the warm water and fill it up with the cold fridge water. K couldn't believe it! He started telling her, "No, you better drink that water that's in your bowl!" And she protested with a huff and a little whine. So FUNNY! Funny until we move back East where most apartments don't come with fridges that dispense water! I may have to keep cold water for her in the fridge when we move back. Oh Great!!

1 comment:

CocoTheForce said...

NOOO YOUR NOT MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAA