Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sweet & Salty

I think last night I had my first strange craving, although it was a spur of the moment idea inspired by what was in my direct line of vision. My taste buds were warring - one minute I wanted something sweet (apple pie a la mode) and another I wanted salty (a big hunk of cheddar cheese). In the end, my salty buds won out until a truce appeared in the distance - a box of Ginger Snaps. Hmm, a nice combination of sharp cheddar saltiness with the tangy sweetness of a ginger snap. I took a piece of my hunk of cheese, smushed it onto the ginger snap with my fingers and took a glorious bite and...it was kind of WEIRD. The ginger flavoring was too strong to really enjoy the bite of the cheddar. And in retrospect, I realized that the combination wasn't too weird - Jamaican "bun & cheese" has the same concept with a sweet raisin bun enveloping a hunk of bright orange cheese and it is delicious. Unfortunately, my concoction was not.

1 comment:

CocoTheForce said...

that actually sounds kinda good....hmmmm