Monday, July 28, 2008

Film Movement

As you can see by the growing list under "Recent DVD Watching", I am consumed with in-home movie entertainment. Watching DVDs in bed helped ease my discomfort and anxiety during the first few months of pregnancy, and now they actually help me to sleep (which usually means it takes me a couple of nights to actually finish watching a movie from top to bottom). Most of the films are ones I've seen before, however, there are a few new, obscure titles which I've acquired by subscribing to a wonderful independent film club, Film Movement. For about $15 a month, you receive a new, acclaimed, independent film on DVD every month to keep - independent films from all around the world, including the US. One very late night, I put on a DVD, settled under my comforter, and as I was admiring the illustrations accompanying the opening credits, I was astonished to see my Mother's name in the casting credits!!! The film she cast is called "The Choking Man", a great film with great actors, and it was available through Film Movement. Most of the films, so far, have been emotionally bittersweet, but engaging nonetheless. Check out Film Movement.

No comments: