Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Price of Gas

Oh my goodness, gas is just not fun, particularly when you are pregnant. As if a growing baby in your abdomen wasn't enough, the sensation of air just pushing everything out of whack is extremely uncomfortable, and surprisingly exhausting. I guess I am going to have to lay off the enchiladas and pinto beans! Which is sad since that is right now my favorite meal choice and I could pretty much eat it everyday. But after yesterday's debacle, I think I can swear off the Mexican eats for a little bit. Veggies are the hardest thing right now for me to eat because they just don't seem appetizing at all; just the thought of them turns my stomach off. But I have to do it. So, I'm now on a bit of a veggie juice kick (well, as of yesterday). There's a Tropical Smoothie not too far from me where I can get fresh squeezed veggie juice. Spinach salad, I am craving it right now. Especially the spinach salad from Veselka on 2nd Ave in NYC. Ah, I miss NY!!

Planning for a trip to London next week. We'll be there for five or six days (although really five since the last day is all flying). I am planning to buy compression stockings so I can relax and prepare for the long flight. I've gotten so much better at drinking my liquids (and this from a person who used to only drink maybe 3 cups a day, sometimes less, of liquid). And that's about all for now.

No comments: