Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fourth Dimension

We just returned from having a 4D ultrasound and it was so WILD!! Everything went well, looks great, and the baby looks like me from the forehead to the eyes and K from the nose to the chin! It is just absolutely crazy that nowadays, you can see that much of the baby before he's even arrived out of the womb. I was dumbstruck, in complete awe, just kept repeating, "Wow, that's WILD" in a whisper.

I've gained 24 pounds already - the doctor told me to watch my weight! I felt like I got a bad grade, the goody-goody in me felt like I was told I was on probation or something. I asked what is the ideal target weight gain for the entire pregnancy and he said 20-25 pounds, which gives me, uh, one pound left!!! He suspects that I've gained so much already because I am not exercising, which is true. See, I hate exercising, I always got away with getting involved in fun activities that have me exercising without knowing it. Now, looks like I'm gonna have to hit the treadmill and walk for 20 minutes or so a day. Like I had originally planned - unfortunately, I've been languishing in this break from my hard-core physical job, I don't feel like lifting a finger!

I took out my navel piercing for the first time ever in 7 years or so (I really can't remember how long it has been) and I have to admit that it made me a little queasy, especially when I saw the hole that the navel bar left above my belly button. And then I had to laugh at how pathetic that is, since I am going to have to push a baby out of my body - talk about queasy!! Looks like my work is cut out for me. I purchased a maternity navel bar that is made of more flexible material than stainless steel and it's supposed to bend as your belly grows. Before I took the bar out, I was pretty determined to keep the piercing, because I love it and it took a whole year to heal. But now, especially after the ultrasound, I really don't care as much. I go to a piercer tomorrow to have the maternity bar put in, if he can manage it with my belly growth. If not, c'est la vie.

No comments: