Friday, September 12, 2008

What A Gas

Well, I had hoped to blog about my first prenatal yoga class, which I had planned to take this past Tuesday. However, my body had completely different plans - and I think it was gas again. My abdomen was so achy, to the point where it was really uncomfortable to even walk. And I couldn't find any trick to relieve the discomfort, although it got minimally better from day to day. This lasted for a full two days, during which I confined myself to bed (and scared K from the bed with my gaseous outbursts). Gas just takes on a life of its own when combined with pregnancy, completely takes me out of commission. This morning, I felt so much better. I went to the doctor's anyway, I had set up the appointment yesterday. My doctor checked my abdomen to make sure the pressure I had experienced wasn't caused by the baby dropping prematurely - he hadn't dropped, he was lying horizontal up in my tummy, so all good! I was advised to wear a maternity belt to help take the pressure off of my stretching ligaments and abdomen. K and I immediately went and purchased one, and I get to try my new purchase tomorrow, when I'm up and about at work. Personally, I am going to lay off the hummus, because I think that may be what set the discomfort off. My doctor said I am doing a great job with my weight, looks like I've only put on an additional 5 pounds in the past 6 weeks, which brings my weight gain total to 29 pounds with 3 more months to go, so looks like I am on track. I am such a dork, once again I felt like I was in school and had gotten an A on a retake or make up exam. My inner overachiever was victorious! And I took my first French class today and I loved it! Definitely the right move, I love French!

1 comment:

CocoTheForce said...

"(and scared K from the bed with my gaseous outbursts)" LOL I CAN ONLY IMAGINE KEITH's COMMENTS!!!"