Monday, September 29, 2008

Head Of The Class

As if children's learning wasn't competitive enough, now they have a "prenatal learning system" called Baby Plus, that even Oprah featured on her own website (so it's GOTTA BE GOOD!!!). You use it from weeks 18-32, and I have to admit that the desire to do the very best for my child did have me consider purchasing this for about a minute or so, but then again, I am already past 30 weeks, apparently the system would only serve me for one 1/2 more weeks...and then I couldn't help but hear my gut scream that perhaps this is just pushing it a bit. Children have plenty of challenges and learning opportunities ahead outside of the womb, perhaps we should let them just relax and grow at their own pace in the womb. Perhaps? I don't know. If it were earlier in my pregnancy, I could see myself trying it (and K laughing his butt off at me), and only, again, because it appeals to every mother's desire to feel that she is doing the best for her child, that she is equipping him/her with the best to do well in the world. But still...what do you think? Check it out here at babyplus.com

No comments: