Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Class Is In Session

I am so excited! I just finished registering for all these birthing classes: Hospital Tour, Infant CPR, Lamaze, Natural Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth. September and October are gonna be stock-full of mental birthing bombardment! But it is starting to feel like I am approaching the runway for my take-off into birthing. We've chosen to register at a hospital about 10 minutes away, maybe less (depending on who's driving), that was enthusiastically referred to me by two people in the show, whose children were born there in the last two years. A doula also recommended this hospital as the cream of the crop here in Las Vegas, so that was reassuring. I think I am going to register for French classes too - yes Birthing In French: instead of screaming, "Ow!" you scream, "Ooh!" It's very cosmopolitan! KIDDING, I mean regular French classes, completely non-related to pregnancy. I won't be able to finish the entire semester, as classes go well into mid-December, but I thought it could be my last "Hurrah" before my days are wonderfully occupied by mothering a newborn. And because I am feeling like all I do is work and sleep and wait for the baby. I need to connect to myself again, to the things I like to do, ya dig? C'est magnifique!

3 comments:

CocoTheForce said...

tre bien!!!!!!!!

The Best Baby said...

Ok, I love that you are a trimester ahead of me, because you give me a geat birthng syllabus of what I should be doing........tour of hospital, birthing classes.
And here I was getting ready to sign up for prenatal yoga........I cant forsee myself screaming NAMASTE!
I'm on it. Signing up for Lamaze this week. :)
Thanks Steph xoxo

char said...

i miss you!