Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Final Stretch


28 Weeks - Third Trimester!
Feeling good and really excited. My mind is full with all sorts of things, mostly with the anticipated joy of meeting my son, mixed in with the mental busy-ness of figuring out how to get the house baby ready. Preparing for a baby has also got me thinking about the future and what I plan to do with my life in the bigger picture, and I have no idea!!! And that is stressful. Of course I want to perform, but recently it hit me that, while I like to daydream about being the leading lady in a movie, I am steadily moving into new age groups that don't necessarily include being the leading lady (at least not in Hollywood movies). But what is interesting is that the things that I like to do are the same things I've liked to do since I was little - perform, write, be in charge, teach, anything with languages. That sums it up. And I do like numbers too, but I don't necessarily remember that as much as a kid - I was always good in math, even in 1st Grade. However, I've decided to just focus on the now, enjoy this last trimester, and not stress too much about the future - I have faith that things will all fall into place. I got some great story books from the adorable four-year old daughter of one of my dearest and childhood friends, and I started reading them to the baby, and it was so much fun! There's definintely something more gratifying about reading a book in hand than reading a story off of the computer (as I've been doing since all our children's books are in storage). It's completely wonderful!

No comments: