Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baby Face


I had a dream the other night that I had an ultrasound machine all to myself, it was probably in my home, and it was so powerful that all I had to do was point it at my stomach and the image of my baby instantly popped up. And I could see the face, which was wild because in my waking life, I just find it challenging to picture my face on a boy (well, my brother perhaps) and because I can't wait to see how my features and K's features will combine to create this new person! In the dream, the baby was around my complexion and had K's features (and Brooklyn's smile - KIDDING). Anyway, what was funny about the dream is that the baby was fully clothed in coordinating knits (maybe because he is due in December?): a cute matching sweater and hat, white background with maroon and orange thin stripes, very adorable (and fashionable, I might add). And then of course, the dream got weird, and the image started changing into a cartoon baby boy and then I woke up.

The baby name search has begun. The baby will more than likely not have a traditional American name (whatever that means???). We've been scouring lists of African, Hindu/Indian, Japanese and Native American names, and there are two or three we are considering already. There are so many names, it gets exhausting. But we've got time. The baby's make-believe name right now is Kane (KAH-neh: it means Male in Hawaiian) - the women at work had taken to calling the baby Kiki because they were certain it was a girl. So now the baby is called Kane. Not a bad name actually, maybe it will go on the list.

1 comment:

CocoTheForce said...

let it be known that Xinglita Aloha Delaforce came up with Kane!!!!